5 Mar 2013

San Francisco (CA, USA)

Last times, I was looking at American city flags, when I find San Francisco (on California) flag. Well, the idea of the flag is interesting, but I think the overall execution not so. Look at San Francisco flag:

















The flag consists of a phoenix returning from the ashes, the motto "Oro en Paz, Fierro en Guerra" ("Gold on Peace, Iron on War") in Spanish, the city name in giant letters and a yellow border (erroneously put where used to be a gold fringe). I appreciate specially the phoenix symbolism in this flag: it represents the city that, verbatim, was reborn from the ashes; San Francisco suffered six great fires between 1849 and 1852, and earthquakes, too, but was reconstructed even bigger and better.

I think the problem of the current flag is the absence of graphic appeal. So I made this design:















The bird is more similar to a phoenix now, and it features the San Francisco colors, the yellow and the black (from that Spanish motto). I hope San Francisco people like it.

Your comment is very important. Please, leave a comment.
Next week, I'll present a very good news (at least for me).

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for customized oil change stickers then click customized oil change stickers
    If you are looking for fensens smart license plate frame then click fensens smart license plate frame
    If you are looking for Teardrop Flag Stand then click Teardrop Flag Stand
    If you are looking for Custom Christmas t Shirts then click Custom Christmas t Shirts
    either you are looking for Custom Promotional Tents then click Custom Promotional Tents

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is greatly welcome!