20 Mar 2012

Suggestions to my USA flag...

You can't believe! I'm participating in a culture exposition, and I received USA as my country theme — was Germany, but I change with mates... Yes, it's a true story! The good part is that I know a lot about USA. The bad is that everybody knows a lot about USA. So I want to show a big lot of informations.

So I proposed to my groupmates an art based in "The Star-Spangled Banner" as stand decoration. Being I probably the only one that understands of flags, I was planning something like this:














I'm working with a more beautiful eagle, but it's a draft. If I really utilize it, I'll fix colors, etc. The exposition is scheduled to the second half of August, and I'm inviting you to colaborate with ideas. Furthermore, I'm planning to constroy a 3D US Air Force roundel, because I love roundels and it rare in Brazil to know somebody that knows about them.

P.S. My old proposal to Germany was this (I won't use it, because I don't have the country anymore):















Castle, camps, mountains... it's only missing the great German forests. It's a pity it's useless.

I'm saying the truth, I'll really enjoy your participation!
You just need to put links to ideas in comments section in this post, and you might win some credit. 


27 MAR 2012

 My current version of flag... I'm working in some fixes.

2 comments:

  1. Both are interesting.

    Your flag for the USA reminds me of the flag our Coast Guard uses, which as far as I know is the only one to use vertical stripes like that. I'm not sure the eagle, with all the new details, is better than the current simple rectangle, but my suggestion would be to alter the star formation. They look small and lonely in the middle of the bird.

    Your German flag immediately made me think of it was a backdrop for a video game. I love the castle design and the use of the colors from the current flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I didn't know the Coast Guard flag, my fault. But, still I think a good way of put the Statue of Liberty or White House in a flag, I'll keep with it.

    I'm not totally satisfied, too, with the star layout. I'm thinking a way of people look at it and immediately say: "Oh, there's 50 stars!". Maybe a eagle with a central star with the number 50 inside, I don't know.

    "Backdrop"... a new word to my English vocabulary; fine!

    I'll put the current version of flag, before work in suggestions you gave me.

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is greatly welcome!